Will Murphy, Attorney
|Murphy’s Law Firm, P.A.
North Miami, FL
Founder and managing partner
|Founded law firm with practice emphasizing commercial and civil litigation.|
|Dispute Resolution Services, Inc.
Founder and mediator and arbitrator
|Certified in County, Family and Circuit Civil Mediation by the Supreme Court of Florida.
Met all certification requirements for arbitrating Florida court cases.
Met all requirements to arbitrate securities cases for NASD.
DRS provides affordable, professional services such as mediation and arbitration.
|Murphy & O’Brien
|Joined firm as law clerk and became Senior Associate, responsible for all phases of representation, and for training and mentoring junior associates, law clerks, and staff. Advised on all technology purchasing decisions. Handled all of firm’s appellate work.|
|City of Islandia
|Handled all day-to-day affairs of a tiny, unique and picturesque Florida city.|
|New Mexico Court of Appeals
|Wrote pretrial reports, bench memoranda and drafts of opinions. Research and analysis on appeals of various criminal and civil cases involving issues including due process, double jeopardy, worker’s compensation, water law and riparian rights and the free exercise of religion under state and federal constitutions. Oversaw large research project covering evolution of New Mexico’s workers’ compensation laws completed by law clerks.|
|Rodey, Dickason, Sloan, Akin & Robb
May 1990-August 1990
|Research and writing including appellate briefs, civil pleadings and internal memoranda. Attended trial and appellate oral arguments.|
|U.S. Coast Guard, Claims and Litigation Division
June 1989-August 1989
|Wrote drafts of findings and conclusions disposing of administrative claims, researched federal legislative histories. Researched and drafted internal memoranda and litigation reports for use by trial attorneys in the U.S. Department of Justice.|
College of William & Mary-JD-Top 25%-1990-Williamsburg, Virginia
Arizona State University-Bachelor of Science-cum laude-Political Science-1987-Tempe, Arizona
Mesa Community College-AA-Mesa, Arizona
- Justice of Honor Council: Council charged with enforcing honor code and served as judicial body for law school’s student government.
- Publication-“Irresistible Force Meets Immovable Object: The Zoning Power Comes Up Against Free Expression”, The Virginia Lawyer.
- Chair of SBA Constitution and By-laws Committee
- Columnist and Managing Editor 1988-89 of The Advocate: First-ever first-year columnist for law school’s student newspaper. As second-year, Managing Editor.
- President of the College Council for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences-over 10,000 constituents.
- Founder and President of Students for a Free Afghanistan.
- Murphy v ASASU: Lead counsel and plaintiff in successful suit in student courts to compel student government to obey free speech and due process provisions of US Constitution.
Memberships, Certifications and Awards
- Bars of the States of Florida (active) and of Colorado and New Mexico (inactive)
- Bars of the U.S. Circuit Courts for the 10th and 11th Circuits
- Bars of the U.S. District Courts for the Districts of New Mexico and the Southern District of Florida
- Supporting Star Awards of the Fort Lauderdale Children’s Theatre, 1996 and 1997
- Pro Bono Award, Dade County Bar Association-Small Claims Pro Se Clinic, 1996
- Small Claims Rules Committee of the Florida Bar
- Dade County Bar Association and County Court (Chair 1999-2000), Mediation and Schools Committees
- Member of Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Certified by Florida Supreme Court as Mediator for Circuit Civil, Family and County Court Cases
- Approved as Mediator by Florida Department of Insurance and Certified by DBPR Condominium Division
- Approved as Arbitrator by FINRA
- Approved as Arbitrator for Florida court-ordered arbitration